Despite all of these blogger awards being like one massive chain message, it’s so rewarding to get recognition and support from other bloggers out there.
So guys, this is it – I’m partaking in one of these award nominations again – and I have the lovely Lorelie from Myself & Teas to thank for it. I discovered her blog recently and have been obsessed with the aesthetics of it and the genuine advice and tips she gives. So, as one can imagine, I am truly honored to be nominated by her.
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them now with a link to your award post.
How did Questions From A Teenager come to life?
This tale all starts in the year of 2015, where I decided to create my first blog, Recap Wizard, which is very much still alive today. It is primarily a space for me to share and discuss my love of cinema and TV series. Though I was in love with blogging over on RW, I couldn’t help but wish to branch out topic-wise. A lot was going on in my life and I had discovered a new passion of mine: journaling. I just love to express myself and my feelings, it felt almost therapeutic to jot it all down on paper. After toying with the idea of making myself a blog which served as a creative outlet for months, I finally chose to step out of my comfort zone and start a WordPress blog. I had gotten to know WordPress through co-hosting a fan site for the NBC show Grimm. And so, after a year of contemplating, Questions From A Teenager was born. One thing that I instantly noticed about the WordPress community is how supportive everyone is of each other. Since then, I have fallen in love with blogging more and more and I dare say my writing has developed quite a bit since I first started out.
Advice to new bloggers
1. Use your blog to your advantage. If you want to pursue a creative career one day, starting a blog can be a great way to set you apart. (Of course this shouldn’t be the only reason to start a blog) My two blogs are a huge part of why I got into the university I am enrolled in today. If you want to one say work in the music industry, start a blog about music! Showcase your art through a blog if you want to be a graphic designer! Blog about the things you are passionate about. Explore. Try new things out. Nobody can correct you – you are in control of the content.
2. Try to work with and guest post for other bloggers as much as possible. Getting your blog out there can be tough. Over time I found that guest posts and collaborations are one of the best options when it comes to spreading word of your blog. It is also an excellent opportunity to get to know people who share the same passions as you from all around the world! I have contributed to a fair share of sites and blogs by being part of guest post communities on Google Plus – social media is also a way to get in touch with other bloggers and creatives out there. Be as interactive as possible in the WordPress community, comment on other people’s blogs and share your opinion. Always be friendly and reliable.